Catherine in South Africa

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November Blues

Dear November,

I know you're used to making me wear scarves and gloves and causing me to ponder if I really should be walking to class in this sort of weather instead of comfortably snuggled under my covers...but I'm in South Africa now. Please cooperate. There is no reason for these frigid temperatures when I only brought shorts and sundresses.

Thanks,

Catherine


Ok, so today was a fluke. It's actually been quite pleasant here as far as weather is concerned. This is why I'm having such a hard time believing that Christmas is about a month away. Seeing Christmas cakes and bathing suits in the same store (which is weird to begin with) really makes me double take. Christmas has always been surrounded by snowmen, warm clothes, and way too much shopping and traffic. So far, not a single kid at Kwasa has told me what she wants for Christmas. When I asked who knew Father Christmas/Santa Claus, only a few raised their hands. For lots of people, Christmas is just another day...only with no school.

We're currently practicing for the Kwasa Christmas Concert which is going to be awesome in case you were wondering. We're singing songs about "disco hair", "crying gorillas", and a strange variation of the hokey pokey only it's to Celtic music. I know you're all intrigued. Maybe I'll take pictures when I tell you more about it.

Have a spectacular day! Oh, and Mom, I cooked dinner for myself tonight. Pasta.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home