Catherine in South Africa

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meaning of Kwasa

I should have mentioned this long ago....

"Kwasa" is a Zulu word used to describe the moment after a really bad storm when the clouds part and the sun begins to shine through. It means the darkness has passed and the light is coming.

What a beautiful way to look at what this school and community is doing. Kwasa really does provide hope for lots of people, not just the kids. Their parents, the church, and the people reading or hearing about how successful this place really is.

2 Comments:

  • Your mother and I are very proud of you!

    By Blogger Dana Outten, At October 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

  • Catherine,
    I just read your three blog postings and really loved hearing about how things are going so far. I can't believe it was a year ago that we were all in South Africa together. I would give anything to be back there and singing the morning songs at Kwasa Centre!
    I will pray for you and think of you often as you take this journey. Mother Sharron is such an incredible woman and mentor. Please tell her hi from me and Jeff. If you have the chance to take some pictures and post them to your blog, I would love to see the little learners' faces. There are a few that I really connected with there and I think about them all the time and pray they are doing okay.
    I look forward to following your experiences through your blog.
    Love, Erin

    By Blogger Erin, At October 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home