Catherine in South Africa

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dance, Dance Wherever You May Be

"Dance, dance, wherever you may be
I am the lord of the dance, said he
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be
And I'll lead you all in the dance said he"

**If you only have time/patience to watch one video, I recommend the second.**

....dancing seems to come up a lot in my life lately. I'm line dancing. And not good at it. But what's great is that there are people who are worse, so I actually am very graceful relatively speaking. We're currently learning a dance to George Straight's "One Night at a Time". Many of you may not think this is funny, but those of you who have listened to the chorus, I hope you're laughing with me.

Kwasa is currently preparing for its annual Christmas concert (you are all invited). Each morning, we practice the songs, and now that the kids are comfortable with the words, we're adding some pretty rockin' moves. So, the other day we were practicing when Gill decided to have a dance party. It was so fun! Five and six year olds are fantastic dancers because they think that whatever the other does is so so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwHQyLOw58


Wednesday was a particularly great day at Kwasa. I was late for work for various reasons, and when I arrived the kids were so happy. Not because it was me, they were just happy in general. So because it was raining and they couldn't play outside and because we just finished learning about trains for a solid week (who knew one could talk about trains for that long?) I taught them musical chairs and played "Come on Ride the Train". It was hilarious. The champion got a piece of candy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSJP1tzEadk

I'm not sure the moral of this story, but it makes me happy.

P.S. It took me seven hours to upload the video. If it doesn't work, don't tell me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home